Install An HVAC Purification System to Safely Reopen Your Business
It’s been an extremely challenging year in New York City with over 200,000 COVID-19 cases flooding the city since January. None of us could have predicted the havoc that this novel virus has wreaked on our daily lives, but we must all be prepared moving forward. All regions in New York are currently in Phase Four of the reopening process (out of four total phases).
As new cases continue to rise every day in the U.S., it’s vital for us to do our due diligence as business owners. Of all the steps that businesses like yours will need to take, updating your HVAC air purification system is an important one – but it’s often overlooked.
How Do I Safely Reopen My NYC Business?
While many across the country continue to work remotely, our team of HVAC professionals are back out in the field. To get to this point, we’ve paid close attention to health and safety recommendations by the CDC and continue to check for updates. Not all businesses look alike and you may need to make tweaks based on your own workspace, but below are some general guidelines to follow:
- Keep hand sanitizer around the office.
- Personnel should wear a mask at all times.
- Limit the sharing of objects and discourage touching of shared surfaces.
- Any employee experiencing symptoms should stay home.
- Install an air purification system in your HVAC unit.
- Limit in-person gatherings/meetings whenever possible.
- Post signage throughout the site to remind personnel to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing rules, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
Protect Your Employees and Customers with Air Purification
Keeping your HVAC systems clean may not have immediately come to mind when planning your business reopening process, but it’s an important step. Here’s why: installing an HVAC air purification system can improve air quality, reduces airborne bacteria, and prevents contamination in your business. All of these outcomes are essential for keeping your customers and employees safe when in the midst of this global health pandemic.
Maintaining your HVAC system can be a daunting task as a business owner preparing to reopen in such uncertain times. At The BP Group, we have over 40 years of experience installing and maintaining commercial HVAC systems at companies like yours. We can evaluate your current equipment and employ the following services to help improve your indoor air quality:
- Sanitize your evaporator using Evap-Fresh Spray to remove and kill bacteria.
- Upgrade existing HVAC air filters to a higher Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) to decrease contaminants in the air.
- Install air purification to deliver ionized air molecules. These can attach to and remove up to 95% of airborne pollutants.
- Install a UV light air purifier in air conditioning duct work or evaporator coil to stop microbiological growth and destroy up to 85% of pathogens.
All of these services will result in cleaner air for your employees, customers, and visitors to safely breathe in.
Advanced HVAC System Management
After installation and cleaning, we can continue to track the overall performance and efficiency of your HVAC systems using advanced building analytics. Doing so will help you save money in the long run as it contributes to equipment longevity and optimal system performance. The information we collect allows our technicians to evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of your HVAC systems to inform any future suggestions for improvement.
In the event that your equipment malfunctions or stops working altogether, the analytics we gather can help us more quickly identify and fix the problem(s) for you. Our team of experienced technicians in New York is available to service your HVAC emergency needs 24/7.
Contact The BP Group for Your Air Purification System Installations
Keeping your customers and employees safe should be at the forefront of your mind regardless of the size of your business. We want to partner with you to ensure that your business in New York is safe, clean, and ready to reopen.
Call (718) 383-2100 or click here to schedule an appointment with one of our HVAC professionals today.